Thursday, July 10, 2014

SOME RECENT PICTURES I TOOK

HERE ARE SOME OF THE MORE INTERESTING PICTURES I TOOK THIS WEEK.  

An adult and Juvenile hawk eating a squirrel they caught on hole 13.  

This is an American Painted Lady butterfly on Purple Cone flower by 17 green.  

Please watch where you drive.   Once the flowers get knocked over they don't stand back  up  

Happy to report that our Purple Martins are doing fine. 

Our Pump-House Spicebush Caterpillar has really grown.  

This is an Eastern Comma.  He was very nice to me and stayed still long enough for me to take his picture

This Monarch was hatched at the shop.  I have only found one Caterpillar so far this year.    I saw my second Monarch butterfly today so hopefully they will start to arrive.  Better late than never.  

Starting to get some germination on the roof.  It will take at least two seasons for the roof to become  fully established.