Friday, October 14, 2011


We finally did dry out, only to get another inch last night, hopefully the worst of the wet weather is over.  The weekend weather forecast looks promising.  The area on the hill between  3 and 4 has been a problem for as long as I can remember.  The area faces north, so it receives little sunlight.  The large oak trees don't help ether. Through the years heavy rains have created gully's, and exposed rocks.  There also is no irrigation in that area.  At least until next year.  We made special provisions with the new system to make sure that area receives the water it  needs.  Because of the slope and the fact that it is so much in play we will sod the area next week.  I can't guarantee perfect grass in the future but I know it will be much better.    

We are also trying out a new re-routing of the course.  Play 1, 2 then go to 12, 13, back to 3,4 then 7, 8, 9.  that is the front side.  The backside is 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 5, 6, 18.  The idea is to make the nines more even and to break up the back and forth that happens as you currently play.   Try it out---Let Bobby or myself  know what you think.  We will be playing this new route for a few days so everyone gets a chance to try it out.  

Another piece of good news is that our mole on 14 has moved on to greener pastures.  I haven't seen him in over a week.  I think he knew we were on to him. 
3 becomes 5

worn out area between 3 and 4 on hill

Remove rocks, level, cover with top-soil then sod.