Friday, September 23, 2011

Special Membership Meeting Tommorrow

The votes are due tomorrow. I hope you have all had a chance to review the exciting proposal regarding the Irrigation system and cart paths. If you have any last minute questions you can always call me, or flag me down. If you can make tomorrows meeting that would even be better. I plan on making a brief explanation of the impacts of the new system. Cart paths are a welcome addition.  I think you will be pleased with the new locations of some of the paths and what we plan to do.  I will be there to answer any questions you may have.

There has just been so much rain recently that the soils are absolutely saturated. We started installing some additional drainage in the 18th. rough. The area just is not drying out. We will follow this up by adding drainage to the bottom of 14 and a few other areas. If these areas don't dry out shortly, we may have some substantial turf loss.

On another front I am doing battle with a mole on 14 green. He is very clever avoiding my traps. This has the makings of caddie shack all over again.

the start of some drainage

Pete Hunter checking elevations and cleaning pipe

Score:   Mole 1,  Ceplo 0